Soaking procedure - Best practices
In some cases it can be beneficial to soak the clothing/textiles before washing, especially when they become contaminated with chemicals or odours. This can be useful to get some of the most stubborn odours out, but also reduces those pollutants from going into your washing machine.
Here are our recommendations for doing a soaking step before the laundry goes into the washing machine:
• Select a bucket or container that will comfortably hold (i.e. room to float) the items you are wanting to soak in Laundry Additive.
• Fill the empty container with enough warm water that will fully cover the wash items. (Do not put the clothes in yet).
• Next add the additive (¼ to ½ cup / 60-120 ml). Agitate to disperse the additive.
• Add the clothing items you wish to soak.
• Let the items soak for at least 30 minutes (longer times periods will increase effectiveness). If the additive looks like it has settle to the bottom, agitate to resuspend the product.
• After your soaking period is over, remove the items and place them in the wash machine and follow your normal wash care practices as recommended by your clothing label and wash machine manual. You do not need to wash with OdorKlenz again.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
• Agitate occasionally during soaking to increase success of the process.
• Use warm water instead of cold water in the soaking process and in the wash machine.
• Extra rinse at the end of the cycle for the wash machine.
• Overload the soaking container. Over loading makes it difficult for the additive to work properly. The level of contamination may be too much for the recommended dosage and the additive may not be able to fully contact all the odour sources.
• Do not use in combination with bleach, vinegar or other additives. These counteract the efficacy of our product.